Aanhouwen Work and Care Centre was established in 1987. Today Aanhouwen is a multi-cultural and multi-racial work and care centre providing daily for 65 members aged between 16 and 63, with 70% being from previously disadvantaged communities.
The main objectives are to :
- enable mentally handicapped adults to participate in constructive and meaningful activities,
- develop their skills to enable them to be active and productive in the community,
- promote a caring environment for them in order to enhance their quality of life,
- create a public awareness of mentally handicapped people and the issues concerning them, and
- strive for the protection and rights of all mentally handicapped people.
We serve the community of the Helderberg Basin, Western Cape. Our aim is to become a household name in this area.
Office Hours: Weekdays: 08:00 to 13:00. There is access to drop-off drums in the afternoons, but not on weekends.